Dartmouth Yacht Club Security Gate
• A swipe station with inter-com is located at the corner of Coast Tire fence and new DYC fencing. Another system is located at the corner of the gravel parking lot and the road in the front corner of the clubhouse. A intercom only is located at the mangate (that’s what it’s called:)
• Each member will receive 1 swipe card and additionals may be purchased at a fee of approx. $10.00 each. Replacement cards will be charged at the same rate. The range of the card is approx. 18”. We also have long range cards available at a cost of $40.00 each. Their range is approx. 8’.
• To operate the gate you will drive up to the swipe station within 18” and hold your card up to the proximity sensor and the gate will open. Proceed through the gate and after a short time it will close behind you.
• If you have a guest arrive and you wish to let them in, tell them to dial in your club membership number (that you gave them) and they will automaticlly be connected to your cell number that is already programmed into the intercom. When you answer they identify themselves and you then push the pre determined code into your cell and the gate opens. You do not have to be on the boat you can be in Vancouver it doesn’t matter. When your guest leaves it is the same procedure in reverse. If you order a cab you give the driver your number and let him in. If you leave and your guests stay they still have to call you on your cell to get out.
• If a contractor or delivery person arrives there will be a cell# posted on the intercoms that Dan Gallina will have on his person while on the property. If he leaves the property he will give the phone to either the Yard foreman or a bartender. This method is only in function from Monday-Friday 8-4:30 and when the bar is open.
• Do not forget your card or order multiple extra cards.
• There is no way to accesses the property without your card unless you call your own cell phone and let yourself in. You may also call a friend to let you in.
• The magnate has no swipe function only an intercom and functions like the other intercoms.
• During regattas or large club functions we will on an event by event basis leave the gate open for a designated period of time and close the gate automatically at a certain time. If your friends lock themselves in after you leave they will call you to let them out. Be aware of this.