2008 Beancrock Notice of Race
Notice of Race
Dartmouth Yacht Club Bean Crock
Saturday, September 27, 2008
1. Management: Races will be hosted by the Dartmouth Yacht Club of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Every effort will be made to accommodate free berths for non-DYC sailboats competing.
2. Races will be governed by the Racing Rules of Sailing 2005-2008 (RRS), the prescriptions of the Canadian Yacht Racing Association, the Notice of Race, and where modified by the sailing instructions. The regatta is designated a Category “C” Event. Dartmouth Yacht Club race committee and Jury will have final authority on all matters.
3. Eligibility: The owner & skipper must be a current member of their national governing body, i.e.: local sailors must be a member of the Canadian Yachting Association. Your CYA card may be requested at registration. Yachts should have a valid ASPN rating.
4. Classes: A Class, B Class, Non-spinnaker (Cruiser Class). A minimum of four boats must be registered in order to comprise a class.
5. Schedule: The regatta will be held on Saturday, September 27, 2006 and will have the following schedule:
Saturday September 27, 2008
1100hrs. Skipper’s Meeting
1200hrs. First gun
6. Entry Fees: $30.00 Per Boat
7. Courses: Race goes from DYC to outer harbour and back to DYC. The final course will be announced at the skipper’s meeting.
8. Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to the top three finishers in each class
9. Entertainment: Food will be available after the event and live music will follow the prize presentation.
10. Insurance: All yachts must show proof of $1,000,000.00 liability insurance.
11. Contacts: Dartmouth Yacht Club, 697 Windmill Road, Dartmouth, N.S., B3B 1B7. Tel: (902) 468-6050, Fax: (902) 468-0385 E-mail: email@example.com or website http://www.dyc.ns.ca