2008 Convoy Cup Basin Regatta (Veteran's Cup)Notice of Race
Convoy Cup Basin Regatta (Veteran’s Cup)
September 13, 2008
1. Management: The Convoy Cup Basin Race (Veteran’s Cup) is organized by the Convoy Cup Regatta Committee of the Dartmouth Yacht Club. The race is hosted by the Dartmouth Yacht Club of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
2. Rules: Racing will be governed by the racing rules of sailing (RRS) 2001-2004, this Notice of Race except as modified by the sailing instructions. The Convoy Cup race committee and Jury will have final authority on all matters.
3. Eligibility: The owner & skipper must be a current member of their national governing body, i.e.: local sailors must be a member of the Canadian Yachting Association. Your CYA card may be requested at registration. Yachts should have a valid ASPN rating.
4. Classes: Prizes will be offered in Spinnaker and Cruiser classes. A minimum of four boats must be registered in order to comprise a class.
5. Schedule: The regatta will be held on Saturday, September 13, 2008
1000 1200 Registration
1200 Skippers Meeting
1255 First start preparatory signal
1700 Results and BBQ
Awards Sunday Sept 14 1800
6. Entry Fees: Entry fee for all classes $25.
7. Courses: All classes will sail courses in the Bedford Basin. It is intended that each class will sail two races.
8. Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to the top three finishers in each class based on total points from the two races sailed.
9. Contacts: Dartmouth Yacht Club, 697 Windmill Road, Dartmouth, N.S., B3B 1B7. Tel: (902) 468-6050, Fax: (902) 468-0385, E-mail: email@example.com or Nathan Reece, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org